Tuesday 24 April 2018

So what next?

My first Gn15 loco "Proteus" leaves Fox Gill with a goods train.

So, I have built my planned layout, what to do next?  

I have several wagon kits in the drawer waiting to be built, but at the moment I have an idea to build a small rail car, if that is possible.  I would like to do another small operating diorama to attach to the Maintenance Shed board which would then give it more operating potential, and I have a plan for this.  Then, in the future I would love to build a series of Gn15 "modules", these are partly planned but need many trials an measurements to find the ideal size for such a system.  It was easy in the small scale 009 days, but in 1:24 it is a different matter.

Here are one or two photos I took recently of "Longstone".  The next exhibition for the layout will be at the Beds & Bucks Narrow Gauge Modellers Open Day on Sunday May 13th 2018 at Barton Le Clay Village Hall, Hexton Road, Barton, MK45 4JY. 

"Delta" seen near the chapel hauling two vans into the village. 

No.1 "Proteus" arriving at the station with a passenger train.

No.5 "Quinto" stopping at the Mill halt to pick-up the works foreman.

"Delta" takes on water in the mill yard.

Passing over Fox Gill bridge is No.3 "Triton" with a mixed goods.

No comments:

Post a Comment